Re: fixing up your soil /weird fertility

A method of using mulch as a path which does not lead to this muck problem:

Dig about 4-6 inches and fill with gravel then cover with landscape cloth
then put mulch over cloth. The water will go thru the cloth and drain out
of the rock but the mulch never mixes with the dirt below.

>Any mulch should be good for pathways. Even very fresh mulch. Just
>remember that in time mulch turns into muck! I have had people who
>wanted to use fresh mulch in their muddy driveways and I have always
>advised against it because in a couple of years it turns into a real
>mess that is even worse than wet soil. (we don't have much clay in our
>area, though)

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5