Re: fixing up your soil /weird fertility

At 06:20 AM 2/29/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Gerry,
>  Yes, she does. And she says it with love. And I don't mind - she might
>be right. But I still think I'm perfectly normal....I've had too many
>people tell me I'm odd, or bizarre in my life. I tend to take it as a
>compliment. :)
>  And Denise oughta know - we usually make friends with people similar
>to ourselves. ;)  Maybe that's why most hostaphiles get along so
>well...or at least those of us on hosta-open.
>
>Diane

D,
Of course I know she said it with love, as did I.  One of Webster's
definitions of odd is "a) not usual or ordinary; singular" and I find that
most people with great passions, be it hostas or  hibiscus, are odd by that
definition. I am married to one of the great "Odds" of the world and I
sometimes think myself very ordinary by comparison. So I not only said it
with love, I said it with no small measure of envy.

Gerry