Re: Dutch spending

Ben, there is no misunderstanding.  We know that you don't have anything
to do with Dutch growers.  Actually, I was just poking fun at the
implication that we in the AHS are losing the support of the Dutch
government because you think the foreign dues structure is unfair.

If the fact that you feel you are being charged an extra $4.40 a year for
you dues has, in your words, "forced me to stop extensive research on
Hosta So the $100.000(sic) from the dutch governement(sic) is not used on
other genera." then I have to wonder about how you make your decisions.
It's your work, and you can study anything you want.  I suspect that if
the AHS was involved in your decision, it was because of the response
your research get from AHS members who discuss such things.  If it really
was the $4.40, then if you'll go back to studying hostas, I'll reimburse
you for it.  Just let me know where to send the check.

Chick