Future Hosta Market WAS Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...

  • To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
  • Subject: Future Hosta Market WAS Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...
  • From: Josh Spece <jspece@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 19:51:32 -0600

> Clyde has it exactly right.  I can only add that as compition has grown, and TC labs have
> overproduced, Hostas have become available at prices, that are stealing the profits from
> growers.  As many are no longer able to hold on to a profitable customer base, the obvious is
> taking place.  I expect more of this in the future.
> Ran Lydell
> Eagle Bay Gardens

So, Ran...what advice do you have to offer on over coming this?  Can a
new hosta nursery make it in the over saturated market?

Josh
Iowa
z4

--
  ~~~      In The Country Garden & Gifts       ~~~
      Specializing in Hostas and Water Gardens

                Josh's Garden Web
   http://inthecountrygardenandgifts.com/jspece/

         "There are always two choices.
        Two paths to take.  One is easy.