Re: Future Hosta Market WAS Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...

This wasn't addressed to me but I think it's a good topic so I'm going to put my two cents in.

It depends on what you mean by "nursery" and what you mean by "make it".

Lots of people selling hostas now are not doing it for a living.  If you just want to make some
extra money, and don't really have to consider your own salary and overhead, i.e. selling price
minus the cost of the plant equals "profit", then I think it's relatively easy to make some money
selling hosta.

If you actually want to make a living at it, I personally think it's easier selling locally to
collectors and landscapers than by mail.  Of course it depends on where you live.

I wonder how many people who grow hostas seriously have it in the back of their mind, or maybe not
so far back, that they would like to get into the business.  I'm not encouraging any more
competition, but there are worse ways to make a living.  A lot of easier ways too.

Chick