Re: Future Hosta Market WAS Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...

Diann Barbee Thoma wrote:

>  I did
> pay $17/each for some Sum and Substance last year, which in a way is pretty
> outrageous for such a common plant

I paid nearly $10.00 for lunch at Wendy's yesterday for me and my wife. Whether
$17 is outrageous probably depends on which side of the sale you are on. I once
had a customer tell me that I should be ashamed for charging, at that time,
$1.50 for a pack of tomato plants.  When I asked why, he told me that he knew
what tomato seeds cost.  It was very hard to argue with that kind of logic.

Generally, my rule of thumb is that if you think a price is too high, you
should buy the plant from someone who sells it cheaper.  If you can't find
someone who sells the same thing cheaper, then the price is not too high, it's
just higher than you wish it was.  I wish beer was cheaper, but it ain't.