Re: Hosta 'Little Black Scape'

Cindy, interesting one here. When I first saw the pix of this hosta I
thought I just had to have it. I was (at the time) deciding what would be my
200th hosta. Each of the centennial hostas get a special place in my garden.
I was convinced that Little Black Scape was it. I even quit buying hostas
cuz I was planning a trip to Raleigh and I was going to buy it right there.
Well, I got to Raleigh, and asked where my "new baby" was. There was this
green hosta. Period. I looked at it, and looked at it, and looked at it.
Somehow it didn't look like the kind of hosta I had envisioned putting into
the centennial bed. So I passed.

Many, many, many hostas later, I finally got Little Black Scape from a
friend. Well, no scapes last year, but that's ok, it was new to me. Without
the scapes though, it's a green hosta. Do you want it? I dunno. But what I
learned is that as kewl as a plant with Black scapes might be, it doesn't
have black scapes the whole season.

I'm slowly learning to be a better buyer. Ever so slowly mind you....

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)