Re: Bringing Hostas Indoors

acahanes@frontiernet.net writes:

What I want to know is can
I bring the pots indoors and sit them in the heated basement

I did this last year in  to have some ready for a March garden conference
display.  They were beautiful!  Prettiest houseplants I had!  When spring
came I put them out early as container plants, and when they said there was
to be a frost, I sat them inside the front door, then put them out again.  I
had pretty hostas that went with my pansies and daffodils!  I really enjoyed
them.  Don't remember if they went dormant earlier, but I had the enjoyment
of those few hostas I started in February when I really needed spring!  There
were enough regular hostas outside for the regular garden when the time came.

Freddy