Funny

Very Foreign Expressions
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Winners of a New York Magazine contest who were asked to take
a well-known expression in a foreign language, change a single
letter and provide a definition for the new expression

RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID:
Honk if you're Scottish

HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS?:
Can you drive a French motorcycle?

VENI, VIPI, VICI:
I came, I'm a very important person, I conquered.

COGITO EGGO SUM:
I think; therefore I am a waffle.

RIGOR MORRIS:
The cat is dead.

QUE SERA SERF:
Life is feudal.

LEROI EST MORT.  JIVE LEROI:
The king is dead. No kidding.

POSH MORTEM:
Death styles of the rich and famous.

PRO BOZO PUBLICO:
Support your local clown.

MONAGE A TROIS:
I am three years old.

HASTE CUISINE:
Fast French food.

QUIP PRO QUO:
A fast retort.

ALOHA OY:
Love; greetings; farewell; from such a pain you should never know.

MAZEL TON:
Tons of luck.

VISA LA FRANCE:
Don't leave your chateau without it.