Re: There are no answers, there are only questions.

In a message dated 2/10/01 00:17:12 Eastern Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

<<Staying in tune with the customer goes a long way toward helping to make
you're on track... >>
Good morning, Andrew & all:

I just turned in to this posting.  I agree that the consumer is a good
barometer as to what is happening.  However, without looking into the crystal
ball or tea leaves, the business will become stale quickly and business will
drop....  Variegated foliage is becoming or has become the newest wave of
interest.  I see it more and more in the nursery trade publications as well
as in the horticultural magazines.

One certainly doesn't lack variegation in hosta.  Look at some of the
Japanese maple introductions (Harry you can jump in here) or Cornus kousa.
Stan Megas, Variegated Foliage- <<A HREF="http://www.variegatedfoliage.com">
http://www.variegatedfoliage.com</A>>, has a nursery full of variegated
material of all sorts.  Dick Jaynes has a variegated kalmia that's under
evaluation.  We see that for a few years...I've been begging for a liner of
it for at least 2 years.

That's my 2.5 cents...Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA