Re: There are no answers, there are only questions.

In a message dated 02/10/2001 8:40:30 AM Central Standard Time,
HoroRL@aol.com writes:

<<   Variegated foliage is becoming or has become the newest wave of
 interest.  I see it more and more in the nursery trade publications as well
 as in the horticultural magazines. >>

I agree that there are a lot of nice variegated plants coming onto the
market-but I do not know if the public in any large way wants them. There is
a small niche market for variegated plants here in Minnesota but the general
gardener does not seem to excited.

I say this because the few variegated plants that I offer are not "hot"
selling items.

Brunnera macrophylla 'variegata'
Filipendula ulmaria 'varigata'
Calamagrostis xacutiflora 'Overdam'
Phalaris- three or four diffrent varieties
Iris pseudacorus 'variegata'
Iris pallida 'Aureo-Variegata'
Lysimachia punctata 'Alexander' plus another form
Phlox paniculata "Cream De menthe'
Sedum 'Frosty Morn'
Lots of diffrent Pulmonaria
Tricyrtis hirts 'albo Marginata'
Veronica 'Noah Williams'
Vinca 'Ralph Shugert'
Penstemon?

They move all right- but most people that buy them are "collectors"

Paul