Re: record

Bob wrote:
HI Ben
        Sometimes it is hard to tell if you are a scientist or a four year
old. They would say things like this if they don't get their way.

Yes, it's true.  Sometimes a genious can act a little childish, especially when
they are passionate about a subject.  Right now I'm trying to figure out how any
one person could perform 51 DNA measurements of plants using Flow Cytometry
equipment in a single day.  There are several steps that are taken to prepare the
subject material.  There might have been others that assisted as this is quite a
large number of plants.  All has to be done with great precision.  I wonder if I
might get a job as a lab technician there for a day or two.?  Maybe I could wield
the mop or hand the brilliant people a sharper pencil now and then.  Of course,
since I'd want to ask so many questions you'd probably have to have a roll of duct
tape handy.... You do have duct tape, don't you?

Or better yet, any chance that you could come over here and show a few of us how
to do this?   I know a place we were could meet.  While you're here, we could take
you back to see some of your old friends--some beautiful Hostas, and the people
that grow them.   We could try to squeeze in Dubuque because I know there are
quite a number people in that neighborhood who like you, Ben, you old coot.

Shoot, maybe even Bob Axmear, the master of the Hosta Library, could come down
from Waukon and you too guys could talk Hostas!  Probably wouldn't leave the
meeting as best buds but maybe we could elevate the discussion back to our shared

Congratulations, Ben... Congratulations, Bob...

Hosta la Vista!

Andrew Lietzow