Re: Voles?

In a message dated 02/10/2001 10:33:48 AM Central Standard Time,
kterpeni@twcny.rr.com writes:

<<  was able to make it out into the garden today and noticed one inch wide
tunneled pathways throughout my breeder beds. I did dig down and didn't seem
to find any eaten crowns or root systems. Could this be the work of something
other than a vole? Or if this is vole work what suggestions do anyone have
for this time of year in a zone 5 garden.

 Any suggestions would be appreciated,
 Kent >>

Mr. Vole is working in your back yard, you can try baiting with a poison
pellet made up of vegetable matter, many of the baits will work.

Voles like to make runs right along the ground, they love to eat grasses.

Paul