Re: Nursery closing

(HoroRL@aol.com wrote):

Hi Rich,
RE:>>I just learned that Stark's Nursery is closed as well.

Possibly someone else has replied to this statement; I do not know.
However, when I saw the post this AM I
thought that this should be easy enough to confirm or deny.  I can simply
call the owner as it is not even long distance.  I placed the call right
away.  Turns out that this information is not true.  What did occur,
however, was that this was the first year
in a very long time that the Stark's missed the Winter Scientific Meeting.
Brenda Harvey assures me that
for $.55, American money, they will be glad to send out their new and
updated catalog for 2001.

Those interested can send a SASE to:
Stark Garden's
631 G24 Hwy
Norwalk IA 50211

or you can phone 515-981-9883.  They are in my neighborhood but not really
competitors so I am happy to speak well of their business.  I purchase some
from them myself!   I sell primarily over the Internet and I don't believe
they have any intentions of doing so, and thus I don't mind making sure
people know they are still in business.  8<))

They are great supporters of the Russ O'Harra Hosta Society, Brenda helps
produce our newsletter, Dean and Brenda are both on the Executive Committee
and I know they truly appreciate any Hosta business.   They are a very long
term grower.

This one I will nip in the bud.  And I recommend you might advise your
source of this error.  Gunther is certainly doing less, but Dean is still a
strong young fellow.

Hosta la Vista!

Andrew Lietzow