Re: Auction Fever Closing Time

Hi y'all,
We at First Look labored over this closing for a good bit. And Bob got more
involved in helping us figure out our plan than was probably fair to ask of
him. He was VERY helpful to us!

Here is the jist of why, Andrew.
We have been blessed with MANY donations! You need only look at the CURRENT
list to understand how generous donors have been!  And you might also notice
that we tried to put a pic with each item, which was a bit tricky given that
many of them are brand new, newly released items! This was quite time
consuming and we knew that the time involved in loading them would spread out
the closing of the first entry to the closing of the last entry over many
days. If donations continue to roll in, as they are doing, then it's possible
that this could continue until after FIRST LOOK in JUNE!
As we said, last year's successful Library auction was our model so we wanted
it to close at a given time as it did last year. So we decided that all items
would close at 10 pm Eastern standard time this coming Saturday night, Feb
17th. We picked Saturday so that it would not involve a work day for most.
And that's pretty much all there is to it.

That said.... you will not BELIEVE this, but as you have seen with everything
about FIRST LOOK so far...we have some surprises up our sleeve!  We will be
posting even MORE donations tomorrow! We have an amazing list of plants that
have come in over the last few days, including one BIG surprise!

So thank you for asking why, Andrew, and giving us an opportunity to ask you
to tune in tomorrow!

And Andrew, I don't recall seeing you putting in your 2 cents for DINNER WITH
CHICK!

Answers to some other questions posed....

The auction is posted at   HOSTA LIBRARY AUCTION   or if the link doesn't
work the URL is    http://63.249.238.146/cgi-bin/auction.pl

If you haven't registered with a username and password you do that by going
to the same link or URL  and at the bottom click on  NEW REGISTRATION.
 **[Category List]   [Post New Item]   [New Registration]   [Change
Registration] **

Walk thru the process and get a password in your Email box. Go back and put
in your 2 cents!   You can't bid if you're not registered!  See you at the
AUCTION!

Carol in CT
FIRST LOOK
06/09/01