Re: seedlings etc

I'm not sure where your white worms came from..But my best guess is that
eggs were present in the Promix and even your boiling water/nuke treatment
didn't get them.

But, Promix is NOT sterile! I use it at work as well as at home, and I have
learned the hard way that there's all kinds of critters in the stuff. I no
longer use it for sterile culture, because even if it's pasteurized
(flowing steam for 10 minutes on each of three successive days) the texture
is pretty much destroyed by this treatment.

If it's damping off you are concerned about, you might try sterilizing sand
and putting a thin layer of it on the surface of the Promix after sowing
the seed; that's what I use for my hibiscus seed, which can take months to
germinate. Doesn't eliminate the problem entirely, but helps. Or buy a seed
starting mix that is labelled "sterile."