How many tets do you want?

 Bill said: THERE IS NO SUCH THING, as truly Tetraploid hostas!
Perhaps and maybe one or two tho'?
What can I say? I have about 40 truly tetraploid hostas ( rupi tet is
NOT one of them)  Nearly all plants have been doubled at some
time during their history, even those with very small genomes like
Arabidopsis If this duplication has occured a long time ago the
plants return to a diploid status for most of the genes That is the
situation in hosta at that is what most people call a diploid. If you
consider all hosta to be traploid than what I found are all octoploids
Your choice, but I would appreciate some data to proof you point
just as I presented in my article   The articel was so far refused to
be be mentioned in the Hosta journal , but now thanks to Hugo
Philips the full text can be found on the internet. I am aware
however that irrespective the evidence I present It wll be refuted by
people that have not done anything in genetics since they left high
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands