Re: seedlings etc

Even tho I have but a few seedlings, I did try the Lysol spray last year. I didn't bother trying to avoid the greenery. I just sprayed the whole tray with Lysol spray. I had no damage to any growing plants. The gnats disappeared immediately, and when some came back at a later time, I sprayed again.  I was impressed with how it worked, even tho initially I was very hesitant to try it.  This is just how it worked for me, I have no other documentation to go by. CHAR

Betsy Mahtani wrote:

Appreciate your response, and those of others.  I read and save these
solutions (knew there was one with Lysol), but can't find them when I
need them, so end up starting over.  Will try your Lysol on a couple of
trays I haven't treated yet, except with the Neem oil.  How do you spray
it on without spraying the plants?  My seedlings are growing pretty
thickly.  Do you spray the outside bottom of the seed tray?

The last Neem oil treatments were as Narda suggested: sprayed into the
inside of the domes, which physically catches the gnats.  Today my
infestation is down drastically from a week ago, but they're still
buzzing around some.

I don't have a scientific mind and really don't want to go to all this
work, nor do I want to use the heavy chemicals if I can help it!