Re: Almsbox - Ben has never asked for a handout

Clyde:

>The people who are running things are sorta stupid people.I feel
>somewhat sorry for them. They want power in some place and the
>only place they can find it is in a litttle insignificant place
>called the AHS.

It's getting late, so I'll try to keep this short.  People join
various groups for various reasons.  My general experience with most
plant societies is that they are mostly social societies.  I'm not
anti-social, but I don't join a plant society for it's social aspects.
I've belonged to the lily society and the daylily society for over 20
years and right now the only reason I continue to be a member is that
I am commerically involved with lilies and daylilies.  And like all
too many other societies, the lily and daylily society are dominated
by snobs, elites' and people who are proof that the Peter Principle
works.  Some of these people are still nice people, but I find they
often like power, rarely know how to handle power and often are
arrogant to some degree.  I have no desire to associate with people
like this - there are just too many other nice people around.  I've
had too many experiences with people who work their way to the top
because that is where the power is, however little it may be.  I don't
know how you can prevent this from happening.

Personally, I think anyone who has an interest in hostas can get a lot
more out of being a member of this robin and maybe joining a local
club then they can from being a member of the national organization.
I need to answer some of Andrew's questions too.

Joe Halinar