Re: Hosta Questions!

I think that looking for a streaked plant to do some breeding with at a local
retailer is probably not the most likely route to success.  First, my guess is
that the most commonly sold plants are not the most likely to be good breeders.
Fortunei types, undulatas, sieboldianas, tardianas, and such are not what I
would consider to be prime candidates for good streakers.  I guess it depends on
what is available in your particular area, but I think it would save you a lot
of time and effort to just bite the bullet and get a good breeding plant or
two.  You might find someone who will trade with you, or if you're real lucky,
might just give you a piece.  Most

I also noticed some seeds from streaked parents for sale on ebay the other day,
and I think that Pete Ruh sells them too, or take advantage of the folks who
offer them for free on the various robins.

If all else fails, go to http://bridgewoodgardens.com/STREAKED%20SEEDLINGS.htm
and order some from me.  Notice how I saved that for last?

Chick