Re: Hosta Questions!

That's why I said "doubt" and that it can't hurt to try.  One of my
favorite breeders is a streaked form of Obscura, which gives me very few
seeds but the coloring is sometimes very interesting.  That said, I see
very little interesting in Green Gold from a breeding standpoint.  No
doubt that its possible you could get a good seedling, but the odds are
far better using other plants.  I doubt that most people have the
opportunity to grow as many seedlings as I do, so it would seem to be more
logical to go with the odds.