Re: Hosta Questions!

----- Original Message -----
From: <halinar@open.org>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 3:39 AM
Subject: Re: Hosta Questions!
Joe
that is why I have started to be much more selective in what I take the time
to grow. more and more, I grow most ly my crosses.  They do give me a much
higher percentage of "keepers" than growing "open pollinated"  For many year
I grew around 20,000 seedlings, each year, and ended up keeping about 100
plants for further observation. That has changed I now grow around 5000 each
year, and still have around 100 to "keep"
Thanks
Ran

> I agree with you that you have to make some decisions about what seeds
This past fall I only picked up some seeds of Abiqua