Peter Ruh Correspondense:

Peter:
I HAVE YOUR  8 PAGE LETTER DATED FEBRUARY 7 TO 10TH. I HAVE READ IT OVER
SEVERAL TIMES.  THE LETTER COVERS MANY ISSUES OF THE DAY.  SO I WILL START
TODAY TO ATTEMPT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.  MAYBE WHEN WE ARE DONE WE CAN PUT
SOME OF YOUR INFORMATION INTO MY SYSTEM SO THAT WE BOTH MIGHT BENEFIT. A
LITTLE BIT MORE LEARNING WONT HURT ANYONE.

YOU HAVE INDICATED THAT YOU HAVE A OLD COPY OF LEMKE'S LIST OF HOSTAS.  I
SHALL PUT INTO TOMORROWS SNAIL MAIL SERVICE MY LATEST COPY WHICH WAS PRINTED
ON 12-25, 2000.  THEY SOON GO OUT OF DATE.  I NOTE THAT WHEN THE LIST WAS
PRINTED LAST DECEMBER IT CONTAINED 3337 HOSTAS.  TODAY THE LIST IS AT 3375.
WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS THE DATA THAT IS BACK OF THESE NAMES.

THE NUMBERS RESERVED FOR HOSTAS IS 1 THRU 4999.   5000 STARTS Zup=BULBS,.
6000  STARTS Zup-perennials, 7000 STARTS Zus=Scrubs, 8000 starts
Zup=trees.This system will let me print  alphabelical or numerically all or
any plants in any bed.  There ARE OVER 4200 NAMES IN THE LEMKE LIST, FOR ONLY
3337 HOSTAS. ANY HOSTA THAT HAS MORE THAN ONE REGOGNIZED NAME HAS ONE -ID
NUMBER WITH LETTERS TO INDICATE WHAT THEY ARE.   EXAMPLE ID 355-ES IS A ERROR
IN SPELLING 'ALAN P. MCCONNEL
ID 355-RC would tell you that it is a Registered Cultivar.  To use then look
first in the alphabetical listing for a  !D Number and then go to the
nummerical listing where alll names will be shown for that hosta.   I will
send to you a sheet which gives you the Key to abbreviations.  I also will
enclose 3 sample pages of the information that I have in my data bank,

If it would be of any use to you I can print and mail you a coipy of what I
have on your 1770 hostas All se have to lose is our time and mine is not
worth much anymore.

Let me know as to which route you wish us to travel.

Marvin G. Lemke

Lemkeiowa