Re: Origin of Sports Discussion

Jim,

Glad to see you re-surface on the list. I am not a geneticist, nor am I
*personally* very interested in the subject matter you propose. HOWEVER, I
hope what you have suggested will go forward; it is a very valid use of
this mail list and I will certainly read all of the submissions.

As a research scientist, I want to re-emphasize a point you have already
made in your post. Statements of fact MUST be referenced in these
discussions, and to a source that is at least potentially available to the
reader. If this is not done, then scholarship and education fly out the
window. Opinions are opinions and are perfectly acceptible in a scientific
discussion, but statements of fact *and* opinions of others that one
incorporates into an argument have to be referenced.

Gerry