Peter Ruhl Correspondence #2

My adventure into the Hosta Kingdom came somewhere about 1998 and 1999.
Somewhere in time I found I had bought a Gold Edge, A Fortunei Obscura, a
Fortunei Aureomarginata, a Gold Crown  a Yellow Band and a Golden Crown. This
brought on the discovery that I had one hosta with at least six names.  I
then started a simple data bank where I recorded and checked out each hosta
as I bought it.  Today the entries total 4321 names.  The system has grown in
time as the amount of information became available.  I am now is the process
of adding the Mark Zilis book information into the data bank. His is a very
remarkable book.

From your first page you list 9 hostas. as follows.  I will send you my date
bank records on each name with comments.

ID 3377-CU   Macabe Blue

ID 321-HN  Mackwood 22
    321-HN  fortunei 'Mackwood'
    321-RC   Green Gold
---321-HN   fortunei 'Green Gold'         All names for same plant

    474-HN   Mackwood 23-
    474-HN---fortunei Stenantha Variegated--------------- Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor ---------------474-HN   fortunei 'Mackwood 23"
    474-iac   Fool's Gold             Watch out for this one it is a mess.
ackwood 37, No information coulod be found on this onere for more details
 ID 3387-HN  No information found

ID 2463-iac   Maekawa
    2463-HN   hypoleuca 'Maekawa'

ID 1429-RC    Maraschino Cherry

ID 672-RC     Maple Leaf
    672-HN     sieboldiana 'Maple Leaf'

ID 673-RC    Marble Rim
ID 673-HN     Gold Mark
    673-HN     Shaw Variegatged
    673=HN     sieboldii "Marble Rim"      All names for thiis hostra Marble

RC=Registered Cultivar   HN=Horticultural name or 'hadacall' because i had to
call it something

I will put this in the mail on Monday Morning