Re: Discussion on Origin of Sports

In a message dated 02/26/2001 11:53:37 AM Central Standard Time,
halinar@open.org writes:

<<
 >>I have an all blue/green leaved sport of Great Expectations.  Now,
 >>can I sell this as THE orginal sieboldiana Elegans?

 >Would the above be considered a sport or a reversion.

H. Sieboldiana Elegans is a group of plants and not a single clone, Your all
blue/green form would be both a sport and a "reversion."  You could call it a
sport of "Great Expectations" which has reverted back to its all blue/green
form which is a H. sieboldiana Elegans type.

Paul