Re: Discussion on Origin of Sports -'Great Expectations'

I heard a presentation Sunday by Mark Zilis in which he spoke of the difficulty some have with GE.  He says the key is in confining the roots in the first 2-3 years, by planting the plant in the ground within a pot so that the water and nutrients are kept right with the root mass.  You can read about this in his book.
My experience has been that when I bought a large, well-grown plant to start with ( it was in a 2-gallon pot), it did very well for me.  I guess that would be virtually the same thing.
Bev