Peter Ruh Correspondence #3

Peter:
I STILL AM ON PAGE ONE OF YOUR LETTER OF FEB. 10TH.  ALONG THE LEFT HAND EDGE
OF PAGE 1 YOU WRITE:  "CHET TOMPKINS DIED NEAR 10 JANUARY, 2001.  YOU HAVE
SEVERAL ON YOUR LIST FROM HIM."

I WILL SEND YOU A COMPUTER LISTING OF THE HOSTAS THAT I SHOW AS FROM CHET. W.
TOMPKINS.  IN MY COLLECTION I HAVE SEVEN OF HIS INTRODUCTIONS.  AT LEAST THAT
IS WHAT THEY WERE LABELED WHEN I BOUGHT OR TRADED FOR THEM.    MY LISTING
SHOW THAT HE HAS 23 THAT I HAVE RECORDS OF.   I WOULD SUPPOSE THAT YOU
RECORDS WOULD SHOW MANY MORE.   I ONLY LIST THOSE THAT I FOUND IN SALES
CATALOGS IN THE PAST TEN YEARS.

YOU WILL NOTE A DIFFERENT ARRANGEMENT IN THIS LISTING.  THE FIRST NUMBERS
SHOWN ARE MY ID NUMBERS, FOLLOWED BY THE PLANT NAME, NEXT COLUMN IS MY PLANT
NUMBER IF I OWN IT.  NEXT COLLUMN IS THE SIZE OF THE PLANT, FOLLOWED BY
SECTION AND CLASS AS LISTED BY THE AHS.   THE LAST COLOUMN IS WHERE THE PLANT
CAN BE FOUND IN MY GARDEN.

1 AM NOT SENDING YOU A DATA BASE PRINT OUT OF EACH OF THESE HOSTAS.   IF YOU
NEED A COPY JUST SAY THE WORD AND I WILL MAIL IT TO YOU.  I UNDERSTAND THAT
YOU ARE NOW IN THE SUNNY SOUTH ON VACATION OR WHAT EVER YOU MIGHT CALL IT.  I
WILL WAIT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION FROM YOU ON HOW YOU WISH TO HAVE US PROCEED

LEMKEIOWA