Re: Hosta business

Andrews' business plan looks very familiar. I attend seminars several times
per year on how to grow your business and Andrew's plan looks pretty much
straight out of the book to me.

I can't help but notice that most of the speakers I hear make their living
as speakers. I would much rather get advice from people who have "been
there, done that" in the field that interest me than I am to get generic
advice from speakers or literature who believe one plan fits almost any
business.

I am not attempting to throw water on Andrew's fire. I wish him the best.
One important thing to remember is business competition. If you have a
formula for success you only have 2 or 3 years before your ideas are copied
by competitors and your winning edge is lost. You must continually be
planning your next move to keep ahead of your competition. Selling hostas by
mail on the internet is always going to have lots of competition. It looks
like Andrew is gearing up to be the next contender. There are many more we
will be hearing from shortly I am certain.

I am starting a rumor that Wal-Mart is starting a web site for mail order
hosta sales and has 750 cultivars that are all grown for them by the lowest
bidder. :-)

Dan Nelson