Final Post - Hosta Related

For those still willing to read posts from me about growing seeds I thought maybe some might like to have this information.

I have been growing seeds since the early 90's and have enjoyed it to the fullest.  Last year I got seeds from Ran Lydell and  planted them in late January 2000, all were planted outside in August except for one seedling.  Most of my seedlings bloom in six months under 18 hour lights but I do not usually take the time to pollinate.  This plant was small and looked really nice so I kept it in the house under the 18 hour lights.  It has remained fairly small but I believe pots sometimes keep the seedlings from reaching full size.  Anyway, it bloomed in January 2001.  Out of 7 blooms on one scape it now has five pods on a streaked scape. I will look forward to growing those seeds in a few months and to see if the plant goes dormant.  I have one seedling from  Benedict Arnold streaked F1 (W2000)that bloomed, set seed and only one seed germinated.  That is now a very small streaked seedling F2.  The goal is to see how long I can keep a plant line growing (parent and offspring) without a dormant period and if there is any difference in seedlings produced from this experiment as opposed to the regular cycle of hosta seedlings grown outdoors and allowed to go dormant.

Cindy,  I never kept my seeds in the fridge or the freezer until I read the info here on the hosta forum.  This winter I put my seeds into the fridge, not freezer, and when I sowed them they seemed to germinate more quickly for me.  I do not use any heat or special treatment except bottom watering.
So long.
Beth Arnold
Peoria Illinois