Re: Almsbox

I can't believe the number of people willing to donate towards Ben's
membership costs but who were unwilling to speak up about the board's
decision around dues. I'm not against Ben, but there are other foreign
members in the same boat. It would be better to correct the dues structure
than to donate to right a wrong.

Andrew said, "ALL meetings should be held in a hotel. "
Why can't the additional board meeting be held at a regional meeting where
many AHS members will be.
Rotating the meeting to a different regional meeting each year will give
everyone a better chance to attend--
some who are unable to travel to a convention will have the opportunity to
voice their opinion at a venue closer to home.

Dan said,"We need more members to show their interest in the AHS and show up
at these board meetings.  The board needs to let AHS membership know in
advance some of the things they are voting on so we can have input BEFORE
they make their decisions. The internet is the perfect place for these
discussions but it is being avoided like the plague by the board of

Amen. In the past CH has chosen to reply to me in private and Jim Wilkins
has openly suggested  private phone conversations. Why is it that Board
members, for the most part, refuse to be a part of  listserve discussions?
Even if the board members don't reply, I think that our concerns are being
heard. I just wish that we would receive more replies and more open replies.
If you wish to have more input into the AHS board decisions, attend the
board meeting at the Raleigh convention. I hope to see you there.

Preston Littleton ( plittleton@ce.net )
Seaford DE
zone 7