Re: Discussion on Origin of Sports

>>I have an all blue/green leaved sport of Great Expectations.  Now,
>>can I sell this as THE orginal sieboldiana Elegans?

>Would the above be considered a sport or a reversion.

Now, that's a question I hope you or others would answer.  Personally,
I look at it as a reversion because it is a switching of L1 and L2
tissue.  But then, Bill Meyer made some good points.  I don't know
what the original sieboldiana Elegans looked like when it sported to
Great Expectations.

How here is another question.  I have never heard anyone complain
about having trouble growing sieboldiana or what ever is being sold as
sieboldiana Elegans, but yet a lot of people complain about Great
Expectations.  I don't have any problem with it, so I'm not quite
aware of what the actual problem is.  Now, what I should do when I get
a few more plants of the all green/blue form is send them to people
who have problems growing Great Expectations to see if they they the
same problem with the reversion.

Joe Halinar