RE: Discussion on Origin of Sports & the use of "Big words"

I agree wholeheartedly. If this were a college class, I doubt that the request for simplification would have been made.  As I remember, it certainly was not a request for "dumbing down".  My library is not real small, but does not include any of the type of texts that explain this kind of plant genetics.  I have no desire to become a geneticist, but would like to understand a little about the work of some of our experts.

Thankfully, the arrogance that I read into that statement (and the surrounding context) is rare on this robin.  I noticed that Jim Hawes reacted positively when the request was made for explanation.

andrew wrote:

> There was a posting recently about the use of what I would call the use of the
> MOST ACCURATE terminology.  Now that I've completed my nasty IP upgrades and am
> back on line, I've taken some time to read probably 80% of the postings
> regarding Hosta sports.  I noticed a couple of posts asking people to "dumb
> down" the language so that everyone could understand it.

Bob wrote
	With these kinds on comments some might not have missed you.
	I don't think anyone really asked to dumb it down, I think they just
wanted help understanding. Everyone has to start somewhere.

                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/