Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #213

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #213
  • From: halinar@open.org
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:06:45 -0800 (PST)

>> This weekend at the AHS mid-winter scientific meeting someone
>>suggested that they had heard Dr. Purtyman was in poor health and
>>another said they had heard he had passed away.

I stopped off and visited Charlie today.  He's as cantankerous and
ornery as he's always been!  In good health and alive.  The only thing
affecting Charlie is that he's still a bleeding heart liberal!  He
said he was thinking of attending the AHS meeting this summer, but
hadn't made up his mind yet.

Joe Halinar