Re: a garden an asset?

  • Subject: Re: a garden an asset?
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:16:19 EST

Yes, gardens can be an asset.
Two examples would be David's House and my mom's.
David had more like a business with all of his land in awesome hosta gardens, flowers or vegetables, in the 400,000 plus price range.
Moms was a small city lot, She was in her house for 38 years.
In her clause she did put she could take things from the gardens. The guy was actually over heard bragging about having over 200 hostas.
Her house and gardens went in no time and was over 150,000. That house was built in 1903.

Granted most will not put the value to the real worth of the gardens and the plants involved.
But I sure have not seen gardens, slow people down in purchasing the house.
The hardest part will be watching what they do with what you leave behind.

Bless your Heart Andrea.
I helped move mom last year..
and moved  with our 5(all teenagers and no help at all) about 6 years ago...
NEVER again!!!!

Paula