Daylilies and Hostas

It's been years since I bought a daylily, but I just went to
daylilyheaven.com and got an eyeful of the current state of affairs in
that part of the world.

I was struck by the prices and I'm curious. I'm surprised that there are
still so many expensive daylilies, even though people have been
complaining for years that there are too many being introduced.  I think
there are 39 varieties on the first page of this site and only 13 are
less than $100.  Do these plants really sell, or is this a case of "I
only have to sell 100 plants to make 10 grand."?

I've long heard that tc does not work well with daylilies.  What is the
current situation?  I know that Stella and a few others are being done,
but is that it?  Is it because they don't come true?

After looking at those prices I might have to take another look at