Re: Daylilies and Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Daylilies and Hostas
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:17:45 -0600

Chick wrote:
 I think
> there are 39 varieties on the first page of this site and only 13 are
> less than $100.  Do these plants really sell, or is this a case of "I
> only have to sell 100 plants to make 10 grand."?
> I've long heard that tc does not work well with daylilies.  What is the
> current situation?  I know that Stella and a few others are being done,
> but is that it?
Hi Chick
	I do more daylily sites than I do hostas so I know quite a few daylily
people. I know one guy who sold around 30 daylilies of one intro for
$500 each and had a long waiting list. They don't seem to sell as high
as they did a few years ago for the average but the best known
hybridizers do ok. I know a few hybrizers who have their intros tc'ed
but they won't admit it.
		Websites http://gardensights.com
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/