Re: Daylily Vs. Hosta

  • Subject: Re: Daylily Vs. Hosta
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:46:44 -0600

HI Chick
	What did more damage to the daylily market than anything was rust,
people are scared to buy. Otherwise if you were a well known and
respected hybridizer people lined up to buy the new intros from them at
about any price. I was just talking to a hybridizer yesterday who isn't
well known but has some exceptional looking daylilies and won many
awards but isn't well known and he has a hard time selling them.
	 At the bottom end are people who sell the common daylilies and have
hundreds and hundreds for sale and the market is so saturated with them
that when they want a website I make sure they realize there is so much
competition it might not be worth it to even have a site.
Bye
Bob