Re: ramblings

  • Subject: Re: ramblings
  • From: Larry McLain <olemacdee@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:27:35 -0800 (PST)

Narda, Speaking of rabbits, what's the best way to keep them away, without having a dog there? I planted some hostas in the back yard last summer, after a month with no problems, in one night they ate half of them down to the crown. A few days later, they finished what they missed. These where all very small divisions. A few weeks after that, the weather turned cold, and all the other hostas went dormant. I am hoping that these will all come back. One was a sport from Grand Tiara that I had just seperated. Larry

  NardaA@aol.com wrote:

 Wonder why the rabbits will eat the
sprouting hostas and not the daylilies? Anyone got any ideas on that? N.