RE: Rabbits

  • Subject: RE: Rabbits
  • From: "Eleanor Holt" <etholt@ntsource.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:22:52 -0600

Maybe our northern Illinois rabbits are just unusually stupid, but I
have some luck in saving emerging hostas by putting the branches of
discarded Christmas trees (donated by my neighbors)over the hostas.  I
leave them until the hostas reach a size that rabbits find less
inviting.  Enough light gets through to the hostas, but the rabbits seem
not to enjoy encountering spruce or fir needles on their investigatory