The auction works perfectly but the mail notices don't

  • Subject: The auction works perfectly but the mail notices don't
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:12:04 -0600

Hi everyone
	I didn't want to mention it, seems like it is always messing up when we
need it. Anyway when the company who has my site sold to another company
recently they moved all sites to the new server. My site is where I
installed the auction and not the library site so there could be less
rules and conflict. Anyway there is a program on the server called
sendmail which sends out notices like registrations, bid notices,
auction over notices, etc. I have tried for days to get the path to
sendmail set so it will work with the auction program and send out
notices and nothing seems to help, the sendmail program must not be
working. Server people aren't the most responsive to problems either.
	Anyway if you bid on Firstlook or any of the auctions don't worry, your
bid will work but YOU WON'T GET A NOTICE IF SOMEONE BIDS HIGHER, you
will need to watch if you want to make sure you win. Also if you need a
registration go ahead and register and then send me the user name and I
will send you the info.
--
Bye