Re: Save Chick's Dog

Instead of an evening with Chick, how about if I donate an evening with Roxanne?  She's really a lot of fun, long as you don't let her sober up.

CBCTPLANT@aol.com wrote:

Dear Robins,

It was our hope to announce only good news today that the FIRST LOOK Auction is up and running at:  http://hostasonline.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl?category=first
And you CAN visit the site and take part in the Second Annual One-Of-A-Kind FIRST LOOK Auction.  And there is more good news there that this year FIRST LOOK is splitting its proceeds with the AHS as a donation for the Hosta Journal's third issue.

This good news is being somewhat overshadowed by a dark and terrible development.  I would like to assure all of you that the FIRST LOOK Team has had NO PART in the kidnapping of Chick's poor little dog Lily.  We received word this morning anonymously, with a ransom note and photos and it seems these people mean business!

We are working with the FBI to find out how someone could have known that Chick was leaning toward NOT donating his "Evening With Chick at FIRST LOOK"  this year.  When we forwarded the ransom note to Chick, he heartlessly said "Keep the dog, I have made plans with my new Biker Babe Roxanne for the First Look Banquet."

A grass roots group of animal lovers (who also happen to be into HOSTAS) has organized a movement to "Save Chick's Dog." The group, headed by Dan Nelson, is offering to donate plants to the FIRST LOOK Auction in hopes of dissuading the kidnappers of harming poor Lily.  I have met Lily, and she is an adorable little cutie, not deserving of such callous disregard by Chick.

If you love hostas, the AHS Hosta Journal, animals and the American Way.....please visit The First Look Auction Site  and see the  "Save Chick's Dog" entry for details on how you can help the 'cause' and see adorable photos of Lily!

Thank you for your support!

Carol in CT   z6/5
First Look Team
July 6, 2002   Parsippany, NJ