Re: species

  • Subject: Re: species
  • From: "W. George Schmid" <hostahill@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:37:03 -0500

Hi Marvin, All,

You asked for other species lists. They are printed in my book under taxonomy and under history. There is a list of sorts in Ben's paper, not yet been verified. Most of the species extant are NOT available in commerce so Graves will have a hard time getting them. The few schools that have some wild collected hosta will not realease them because they are study material. There will NEVER be a definitive list because taxonomy is forever changing. Just read the history chapter in my book. There is hope, though, people are working on this with modern methods and there will be a list one day which all can at least live with. Patience!

W. George