Fiirst Look Auction

  • Subject: Fiirst Look Auction
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:31:08 -0500

Hi Everybody,
         If you haven't yet had a look at the First Look Auction, there's some really interesting things in there that you probably can't get anywhere else. Ran Lydell has just made some amazing donations, including 'Oh My Heart', the plant with thousands of flowers, and the First Look Award-winning 'Jump Start'. If you have an interest in hybridizing, or are looking for some rare collector items there are now 80 items posted there with more going in tonight. Some of the biggest names (and some of the newest names) in hosta breeding have put some nice things in there. I put a few things in too. It'll run until next Saturday night, so there's still time if you're considering bidding on the items there, or even donating some yourself. If you know of anyone not on the lists who might be interested in the auction, please pass the word.
         This year half of all proceeds will go to benefit the Hosta Journal. Ensuring that this will be done correctly will be our esteemed treasurer Barbara Jones and our Registrar Roy Dales, who is Auditing and Finance Chair for the AHS.
         Good luck to all bidders, and watch the auction list for posts about how the auction will conclude. If anyone one has any questions they'd like to ask please feel free to post me publicly on the lists or privately at njhosta@hotmail.com and I'll do my best to answer them to your satisfaction. We had some problems with how some of the auction facilities were working earlier in the week, but that great computer expert Bob has straightened them out for us and everything seems to be working fine now.

                                                                       ........Bill Meyer, Chief Auction Slave