Re: 'TWAS brillig, and the slithy toves

  • Subject: Re: 'TWAS brillig, and the slithy toves
  • From: "Barbara Weitemier" <bweite@hscis.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:57:20 -0800

Ian, thanks much for the poetry reference at geocities. Eagerly, I looked up "Father Williams" ("be off, or I'll kick you downstairs") and also found "The Yarn of the 'Nancy Bell.' ("When I ups with his heels, and smothers his squeals in the scum of the boiling broth"). Two of my favorite poems when I received "A Child's Garden of Verses" as an eight-year old. Mild compared with what is available to today's children, unfortunately.
No, I didn't grow up watching world's greatest wrestling or soccer games. I just grow hosta and take my aggression out on slugs by sending them on a one-way white-water rafting trip. I've never had any complaints!
Barbara in Walla Walla