RIP Harry A.

  • Subject: RIP Harry A.
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:11:30 -0500

The wraith of Harry A wrote the following:

hi all,
>published accounts of my passing have been greatly exadurated.
>to whit
>hosta college teacher's "bio's"
>Harry Abel is a ...... blah blah... woof woof..........
>Killed in Bonsai andJapanese garden arts, he.......
>yo editor, yoo hoo!!!!
>he's aliiiiive aliiiiive i say!!!!!!!!!
>see y'all at hosta college.

Fellow Hosta Folk,

I am intrigued by Harry's premature demise and his wraith's insistent
clutch on life. . Clearly being "skilled" is no defense against being
"killed", but I sense that with Harry's oriental aesthetic orientation
being what it was, he would have certainly appreciated the irony of his own
final passing.

And since ironies are the smallest particles (building blocks) in the
universe, there is another irony on display at Harry's unfortunate exit.
Surely the Kamikaze pilots (Kamikaze  means divine wind) as depicted in
American movies often exited this mortal coil while screaming
BONSAI.Although, this just might have been  a fanciful conceit on the part
of our polylingual film makers. Still,  I will always treasure the memory
of Harry's final martial garden art's defense of his hosta aesthic with
BONSAI on his trembling lips has he entered that great Shade Garden just
beyond the bend. That would be that GREAT SHADE GARDEN  without slugs,
voles, and nematodes. RIP Harry

"Pigeons on the grass alas." Gertrude Stein   From: 4 Saints in 3 Acts
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839