Auction Item #?

  • Subject: Auction Item #?
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:16:15 -0500

Hi Guys:  (Item refered to as Uncle Glen's six-pack)

 This is a caveat emptor...except that I mean bidder beware. I am offering
a 6 pack of seedlings from: Dorthy Benedict, Pinstripe, Christmas Tree
Gala, Flamboyant, Marbleded Cream, and Zeta ( a breeder of my own). These
will all be variegated plants, BUT PLEASE KNOW that they were planted in
November of last year and so in June they will be only 7 months old. They
will be small. A couple may be good sized from the look of them now, but
they are very young plants.I do not want to dampen your enthusiasm for the
auction but the bid is so high now that I can't help but think someone must
believe that they are 2  or 3 year old seedlings.....THEY ARE NOT. What I
send will be healthy with good root structure, but 7 months old. I know for
sure that the Dorothy Bendict wil be lucky to be 2 inches high. I can well
imagine that some of you might want to cancel your bids, or at least drop
them some. If anyone still wants them at such a high price (First Look is a
great cause) I would be willing to throw in a couple more well known hosta
seedlings, I just don't know what yet. I am still transplanting flats of
seedlings into styrofoam cups and I am only about 1/4 of the way through.I
am very sorry for any confusion, but I did let out a gasp when I saw the
last bid.    glen w.

" hey, now I know how a muppet feels."
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.