Re: [hostapix] New Auction Items

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] New Auction Items
  • From: CBCTPLANT@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:09:52 EST

In a message dated 2/12/2003 5:10:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
slfain@earthlink.net writes:

> Laughing my head off here at work viewing the latest nasty offerings.  It is
> hard to look innocent sitting at a desk laughing out loud over these.  Glad
> you are donating anoymously, Carol!  Can't wait to meet you.  What a sense
> of humor.  Truth was, after seeing all these of Carols and then Peepshow, I
> was really afraid to see what the latest offering of Chick was.  I just
> knew it would be something I would have to quickly bid on!  Still laughing,
>  Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Glad you are getting as much of a kick out of visiting the HostaLibrary/ FL
Auction as we are putting it together!  This guy Bill Phennet seems to have
an endless supply of Chick  memorabilia.  That Chick has more talents than he
lets on.  He is so modest.

We are getting LOTS of traffic so there is a lot of interest in what people
have donated. When we put up the first item last Saturday the counter read
68,684.  The counter now reads 102,943!  That is more than 34,100 hits in 11
days!  I can't wait to see the fireworks on Friday and Saturday night!  It
should be some site to see.

I hope everyone remembers that we are splitting the proceeds 50/50 between
the HostaLibrary and FIRST LOOK. Last year FL helped as the Hosta Journal
went to 3 issues. This year we are showing our appreciation to Bob Axmear and
all who volunteer to make the HostaLibrary the place we turn whenever we need
information of the hosta variety.

We continue to get donations from unexpected fans of the HostaLibrary with
notes of appreciation and encouragement.  If anyone would like to donate to
the cause, you can send a note to Bill Meyer via his  njhosta@hotmail.com
Email address or to BobAxmear at bobaxe@sbtek.net  and he will forward them
to Bill for posting.

We have gotten many questions about the confusing CLOSE dates and times
listed with each item.  It is confusing because items cannot be posted via
the auction software with a specific closing date and time that we select.

All items in the category FIRST LOOK AUCTION   will close Sat. Feb 15, 2003
at 19:00:00  according to the time stamp that the auction stamps on each bid.
 We will only accept bids placed before 19:00:01  PST.  The auction software
runs on Pacific Standard Time. That is 7Pm on the West coast, 8PM mountain
time, 9PM central time and 10PM eastern time.  Even if a higher bid comes in
after 19:00:00 we will only honor the bid prior to 19:00:01.

Anyone who thinks they might want to place a bid needs a password ahead of
time.  You can get one by going to the HostaLibrary then to the Auction then
at the bottom click on NEW REGISTRATION.  Pick a name or HANDLE / ALIAS .
Then enter a valid Email address.  Fill in your mailing address info and
click  RegisterMe.  You're done.  A temporary Password will be sent to the
Email address you gave.  You can then go back and click on CHANGE
REGISTRATION. Fill in the temporary password they sent you and then fill in
one you can remember easily. You can enter as many registrations as you wish.

A big thank you to all who have given us some VERY special items so far.
Every item is very much appreciated!

Sandra....thanks for your encouragement and see you at the auction!  =:-)

PS....the statue posted with the ADULTS ONLY collection is NOT Chick.  We
hear there is a Chick statue but we are still looking into getting our hands
on one ( so to speak).

cb
Carol in CT z6/5
<A HREF="http://auctionsight.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl";>FIRST LOOK 3 /HostaLibrary Benefit Auction</A>