It' snowing and convention information

  • Subject: It' snowing and convention information
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 07:46:23 EST

Hello from snowy Northern VA where they are calling for a record 1 day snow
fall for our area -- the "Knicker-Bocker" storm of 1922 dropped 28 inches on
DC and they are saying this one could be between 24 and 36 inches!  AND,
where the 1922 storm was isolated to the DC metro area, this one is expected
to cover a 100 mile radius.  We had 2-4 ON THE GROUND, and 6 inches have
fallen since 6 AM.

But on to WARMER THOUGHTS, those of you that are newsletters editors have
already heard some of this but for everyone else, I have successfully
renegotiated with the convention hotel, a decrease in the room rate for the
convention.  At the same time due to other difficulties they have provided me
with a free set of pages on the Marriott Web site to download the
registration form, AND register with the hotel at our room rate.

Here are some convention relevant links:

2003 National Convention; Falls Church, Virginia; June 18 - 21:

Preliminary Convention Information:
http://www.hosta.org/Convention 2003/Convention 2003 Summary.htm

Convention Schedule:
http://www.hosta.org/Convention 2003/Convention Schedule.pdf

Registration Form:
http://www.hosta.org/Convention 2003/Registration Form 2003.pdf

On-line Hotel registration and information:
http://www.stayatmarriott.com/PotomacHostaClub

Hosta Leaf Show Information
http://www.hosta.org/Convention 2003/Hosta Show Schedule.pdf

And coming later (today hopefully!) a convention FAQ link!

ATTENTION THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RESERVED YOUR HOTEL ROOMS:  The hotel has
informed me that they have gone back and changed all the room rates for those
that were already registered at the old room rate.  Thus, you are now
re-registered at the new lower rate.

Any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting me.