Re: Moving

Boy oh Boy are you in for some fuuuuuuuuuuun!

Alttara, the best way to move them is go to your nearest Wal-Mart or Grocery
Store and pick up recycled plastic bag. Most stores will give them to you
for FREE! We found it helpful to poke holes in them so the water will drain.
Leave as much soil as you can with the original plant, as much as will fit
in the bag. Stick your label right in there too.

Like someone said, you can then stack them on top of each other. When you
get to the new place, get them into the shade and water them in. Since you
are moving in summer, roll the bag down a bit to expose the foliage. This
will let you keep watering them until you can get them planted. They do well
for quite a bit of time like that, just keep them out of the sun or they
WILL bake in the bags.

Agree with preparing the soil if you can before hand, but if you can't,
stick them in and later come back, lift them a little at a time and amend
the beds, then stick them back in.

Another thing we did is found a place in the woods and just planted them all
there until we had time to decide where they went. Then in fall, we moved
them. Worked out good for us.

We moved my entire collection and Dan's HUGE collection from Delaware this
way. Between the two of us, thousands of plants.

If you have to keep them over winter, let us know. We'll tell you what NOT
to do!

Good luck! You have your work cut out for you, that's for sure.

Lu & Dan